Whoosh Learning is trained and certified for infection control as a Children’s Activity provider…
General guidance for sessions
At the heart of everything we do at Whoosh, know that your safety and wellbeing is paramount. Below you will find a summary of the MAIN procedures that we are following to ensure we are protecting everyone from the spread of the virus and keeping you safe. During the booking procedure there will be further venue specific guidance sent.
Main Changes to Sessions:
General – booking and health
- There will be less bookings for our sessions to keep class numbers down. We also ask that only 1 adult accompanies the children so at this point in time no additional guests are allowed. However, if you have twins or siblings that attend then we can allow an additional adult so that there is a 1:1 ratio.
- As normal, PLEASE keep your child off a session if your child is contagious. More guidance on this is found on our health and safety page and in our policies.
- Please ensure that your contact details are accurate on our online booking system – this will become our TRACK AND TRACE system.
- Parents need to notify Louise to inform them of any sessions not attended with a reason for absence e.g. if you or your child are ill.
- Parents will be asked to sign for agreement of the handwashing procedures in place for sessions (on booking form)
Please be respectful and aware of the 2m social distancing at all times. Please follow any one-way systems that are in place and arrive no more that 10 minutes before your session is due to start.
If there is a queue to enter the room/venue, please keep your distance and wait for a gap before entering. We must avoid any congregations and where possible all doors will be propped open.
Please bring as little as possible into the room with you. If you are driving please leave any unnecessary items in the car. If you need to bring your pram there will be a designated space to leave it.
- Please take outdoor shoes off on arrival and leave with your belongings.
- There will be no tea/coffee/snacks provided. Please bring your own for you and your child.
Snack and story times will be set up with clear markings to show where you can sit with your child.
- Parents must take home any wet or soiled nappies. Please do not leave them on site.
Messy Play activities:
There will be equipment as normal at the trays with wipes if you wish to clean them before your child uses them.
Storytime and Singing time:
- Each grown up /child will have their own rainbow spot to sit upon or “Launchpad”. These will be ready set up in the room with social distancing in mind. Please sit with your little one on your launchpad.
- You and your child can enjoy a snack whilst we have our storytime.
- Please sing softly in class and direct your voice towards your little one.
- We will still have bubbles at the end of the session.
Detailed Risk Assessment
Whoosh Learning has produced a detailed risk assessment focusing on the spread of infection, social distancing, cleaning and sharing of equipment. Please take the time to read the document to see how we are adapting our classes to ensure everyone’s safety.
COVID 19 – Symptoms Checklist
This list of symptoms is taken from COVID Symptom Study by Kings College London research (https://covid.joinzoe.com/) which is recognised as being the most comprehensive and based upon information collated from their study.
- Fever or feel too hot
- Chills or shivers (feel too cold)
- Persistent cough (coughing a lot for more than an hour or 3 or more episodes in 24 hours)
- Experiencing unusual fatigue
- A headache
- Nausea or vomiting
- Dizziness or light-headedness
- Unusual shortness of breath or have trouble breathing
- A sore or painful throat
- Loss of smell/taste
- An unusually hoarse voice
- Unusual chest pain or tightness in your chest
- Unusual abdominal pain or stomach ache
- Unusual strong muscle pains or aches
- Raised red itchy welts on the skin or sudden swelling on the face
- Any red/purple sores or blisters on your feet, including your toes
- Confusion, disorientation or drowsiness
- Unusual eye soreness or discomfort, e.g. light sensitivity, excessive tears or pin/red eye
- Skipping meals
- Have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19